APPLICATION PROCESS- READ FIRST! Apr 30, 2013 16:57:54 GMT
Post by The Blue Phoenix on Apr 30, 2013 16:57:54 GMT
Hello, congratulations for making it to the probational section and welcome to Warriors of the Blue Phoenix!
We have a relatively simple evaluation process which allows us to get to know each other as people and players...
The process takes from at least a week to several weeks (depending on your level of participation) and starts when you create a new thread and:
1. Make an introductory post. Tell us a bit about yourself and describe yourself as a player. (competitive, chilled, theorybased, etc.)
IGN (in game name)
SE forum name
How long you have been playing SE
Any relevant TCG experience
Work, family, hobbies, location...that kind of stuff
Please see the sample introductory post if you have any questions about the format.
A good introduction will make your pupilage shorter, so take the time to write a nice post.
If you were previously a member of another guild or even if you applied to another guild, please follow these additional steps:
PM a leader of the guild you previously belonged/applied to explaining that you are leaving/not join that guild.
Please state in your introductory post that you used to belong/applied to that guild.
Let us know what drew you to change your mind and want to join us at BP.
Warriors of the Blue Phoenix is a band of brothers and sisters who trust each other and stand by each other, so by addressing this up front we can make sure we don't have any problems down the line. In addition we maintain good relationships with all the other Shadow Era Guilds.
When one of the forum admins notices your thread, a new forum section will be opened up for you. At this point you have been accepted as a pupil and your probational period will have begun when you proceed to step 2.
2. Make a deck post. It should be a deck that you made/tweaked and want to share and discuss.
Classify it for yourself as to whether it is competitive/test subject or experiment/live server grinder/fun or themed/etc. (a single deck may be more than one type).
Explain your deck's strengths and weaknesses in a simple manner. Wait for other guild members to reply your thread.
Do your best to engage in the discussion in a thoughtful way.
Please see the sample deck post if you have questions about content or format.
These two threads (as well as any TG interaction) are how we get to know each other so it is imperative that you keep posting and responding to any feedback you may receive. Failure to do this will result in either extended probation or rejection. At the end of the pupillage, we will send you a PM telling you whether you have been accepted or not.
3. Come up with a Signature. After you have finished your pupilage and have been accepted as a Warrior, you will need to come up with a signature and update your SE forum profile. This process often delays acceptance several days so it would be beneficial to start thinking about some possibilities as soon as possible. Post your signature suggestions in your introductory thread or the signature thread, following the format:
Colorful King of Tomorrow <example>
Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
This epic name generator can help you find inspiration.
Once your signature has been approved by a BP official (see Knight/Herald+), you are to update your signature in SE forums. Your membership will be officially accepted, once your signature change has been confirmed. Then an Admin will elevate you to Warrior status and a BP official will post the welcome thread.
How Not to be a member:
- Tell us you are not interested
- Have an unsuitable character (e.g. unnecessarily confrontational)
- By being completely silent in the very thread you created for more than 3 days after someone talks/asks you a question
- A senior member sends me a PM severely opposing your membership with a reason (extreme prejudice is not a reason)
- By not updating your own signature (on SE forums) for more than 3 days after being approved.
Additional tips on how become a member quicker:
- Showing a competitive side
- Showing obvious maturity and intellect
- Finding time to get on the TG to get to know your future guildmates (instructions on how to find us on Telegram here)
- Showing humility and a willingness to learn
- Make yourself recognizable: get an avatar and choose a TG name that's the same as your forum name
This is the general outline. Please see the New Member Initiation Procedure thread for the fine print and if you have any further questions PM a Guardian.
Good luck and have fun!